As the domain of real estate is evolving with new regulations influencing its operations, appropriate legal counsel has become exceedingly necessary. This is why we have put together a list of law firms that have emerged quite successful in representing their clients from the real estate industry.
- Latham & Watkins LLP: The law firm is primarily based in Los Angeles, but has offices in nearly 14 countries. With over 2,500 lawyers working for the organization, it ranks high owing to its annual revenues, which stands at approximately $3 billion. The firm caters to some high profile real estate clients, and has been associated with many cases.
- DLA Piper:It is one of the most prominent global law firms with lawyers working in close to 40 countries, The firm was the result of a mega-merger between several international law firms in 2005. With Headquarters in London and Chicago, this firm generated nearly $2.5 billion as of 2017 as its annual revenue. The firm specializes in real estate law and has had many successful cases in this area.
- Skadden: Established in 1948, this firm is acknowledged as Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher&Flom LLP. The firm is based in New York and operated from 22 offices all around the worldwith a long list of over 1700 lawyers working for them. Real estate law has been the forte of this firm.
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP: Kirkland & Ellis LLPwas established in 1909. This firm boastsa niche set of high profile clients across various areas like the real estate, litigation, taxation, and intellectual property etc. With approximately 2,000 lawyers working for the firm, its revenue shot up to over $2.5 billion.
5.Dentons: This law firm has been part of quite a few mergers in the last half-decade, with the recent one being with McKenna Long & Aldridge in April 2015. This merger has enabled the firm with a staggering 7,000 lawyers and legal practitioners in close to 125 locations across approximately 50 countries.
6.Clifford Chance LLP: Formed in 1987 after a merger, Clifford Chance has its headquarters in London, and has offices in close to 30 countries. This firm has employed a fleet of approximately 3,300 lawyers. For 2017, it has reportedly garnered over $2 billion as revenue. As per the website of this organization, the clients come from diverse industries like real estate, manufacturing, Electronics etc.
- Allen &Overy: Based in London, the firm operates in 31 countries with 44 offices. It hasemployed approximately 2,800 lawyers. Its total revenue for 2017 has reportedly crossed the $2.059 billion mark.
- Baker McKenzie: This Chicago-based law firm was established in 1949, and employs over 4500 lawyers with 77 offices in close to 47 different countries. The firm is known to represent some distinguished name in the real estate industry. As of 2017, Baker McKenzie has reportedly generated over $ 2.5 billion revenue.
- King and Spalding:This American law firm has been in the field for a staggering 129 years. It has its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and operates in many other countries like Frankfurt, Paris, Geneva, Singapore, Abu Dhabi etc. It has earned a stellar reputation for representing several distinguished names in the real estate business.
- Ropes and Gray LLP: This law firm operates through 11 offices spread across parts of Europe, Asia, and United States. The firm has employed approximately 1200 lawyers across all its offices. It is known to represent the domain of asset management, Capital markets, investment management, Finance, health care, real estate investment and so on.
- Greenberg Traurig LLP: This firm was established in 1967, with its headquarters in Miami, Florida. They are known to represent the companies in the domain of Banking and financial services, energy and natural resources, litigation, real estate, etc. The firm operates from 37 countries in Europe, Asia, South America, United States, and the Middle East.
12.Jones Day: Based in Cleveland, in 1893, Jones Day consists of approximately 2,500 lawyers in 43 offices across 18 countries around the world. The firm serves as a commercial full-service law firm across all practice areas of law, and it specifically has expertise in real estate investments. Its recent annual revenues stand at around $1.9 billion.
- Squire Patton Boggs: This is an international law firm operatesfrom 20 different countries, through 47 offices. The firm was established in 1890 in Cleveland, Ohio, and recently went through a merger in 2014. As per the reports, the firm is one of 30 largest law firms in the world in terms of revenues.
- Broad and Cassel LLP: This firm was founded by Alvin Cassel and Shepard Broad. It has nearly 10 offices all around Florida. The firm delves into several practice areas including, real estate development, corporate and securities, labour and employment etc.
- Linklaters LLP:Linklaters is a London based multinational law firm, which was established in 1838. It comprises of over 2,000 lawyers in 29 offices across 20 countries. The firm dabbles into many practice areas like capital markets, litigation, finance and banking and so on.
So there are many options for real estate businesses when you are in need of some legal advice.
Author Bio: – Sienna Brown is one of the bloggers and also professional essay helper associated with Allessaywriter. She has done her post-graduation from the University of Melbourne and also holds PhD from Oxford University.