Paneer Butter Masala is a Punjabi food recipe. This dish is made by using tomato, onion, cashew nuts, and Indian spices. Paneer butter masala is one of the most favorite recipes in Indian cuisine. Paneer Butter Masala is one of the most served dish in restaurants.
The looks of this dish is exotic and it tastes yummy. Paneer Butter Masala is the top served dish in restaurants. This dish is appropriate for all occasional treats, events, celebrations, special gathering and parties.
To make Paneer Butter Masala at home take a look at following step by step guide:
Required Ingredients For Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- 1 Onion Large
- 2 Tomatoes Large
- 250 Gram Cottage Paneer
- 4 To 5 Cloves Of Garlic
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 15 To 20 Cashews
- 1 Tsp Milk Cream
- 2 Tsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 2 To 3 Eleachi
- 1 Inch Dalchini
- 3 To 4 Laung
- 1 Tej Pata
- 1 Lal Mirch Powder
- 1/2 Haldi Powder
- 2 Tsp Dhania Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Salt Or As Per Taste
- 1 Tsp Sugar Optional
- 1 Tablespoon Kasuri Methi
Step By Step Instructions for Recipe
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter or oil in a non sticky pan. Add some cumin seeds and cook on low heat until they splutter.
- Add choti elaichi, dalchini and laung to butter. Cook on low flame for a minute.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for a minute.
- Add onions and cook till they turn translucent.
- Add onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add cashew nuts to the mixture.
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1 cup of water.
- Cover the pan and cook for 15-20 minutes till the blend becomes soft.
- Transfer the blend to a blender and make a fine paste.
- Again heat 1 tsp butter in a pan and add tej patta and lal mirch powder to it. Fry it for a few seconds.
- Add the onion, tomato puree to the pan and mix it with lal mirch powder. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add garam masala, dhania powder and haldi to the mixture.
- Add some sugar to the gravy.
- Add cream to the gravy and mix well.
- Sprinkle crushed kasuri methi. Finally add the paneer cubes and cook everything for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Paneer butter masala is ready.