It is undeniable how Colorbond products have revolutionized the roofing industry in Australia. Before, metal roofing was typically the option that people with limited budget get. It was only common on commercial buildings and sheds. However, when Colorbond roofing was introduced to the market, things changed.
These days, Colorbond products are used for almost every need:
- Colorbond roofing comes in a range of shapes to complement the style of a home. It can also be used for various applications.
- Colorbond also offers insulated roofing which prevents heat transfer. It also dampens noise for a quieter indoor space.
- You can also keep your house cooler because Colorbond roofing has heat-reflective qualities.
- There are also Colorbond products that are coloured on both sides. This type of roofing is perfect for patios or areas where the roofing material’s sides are exposed.
Keep n mind that Colorbond is a complete roofing system. This means that when you purchase it, you should ensure that you get matching gutters. To put it another way, you must choose a colour that complements the roof itself.
Why Choose Colorbond Roofing
There are many other metal roofing systems in the market, but Colorbond remains the undisputable leader. It is not surprising why. Here are just some of the reasons why Australians love Colorbond products:
- Built for the harsh Australian conditions – BlueScope invested on designing products that can withstand extreme weather and terrain conditions. Colorbond sheets have been tested to meet the highest quality standards.
- Aesthetically pleasing – No matter what style or colour your property has, you can surely find a Colorbond roofing system that will match your requirements. Needless to say, you will end up with an aesthetically pleasing roofing system that can truly add value to your home.
- Excellent warranties – It is worth noting that Colorbond roofing systems are backed by one of the largest steel manufacturers in Australia, BlueScope Steel. Since they are confident with the durability of their products, offer a range of warranties that can help you protect your investment.
- Easy to maintain – Let’s face it. Not many of us are diligent enough to regularly climb our roof to clean it. Well, you will be delighted to know that Colorbond roofing systems have a protective finish. It can be naturally cleaned by rainwater!
Installing your Colorbond Roofing
Installing Colorbond roofing is not a very complicated task. However, if you do not have the tools, equipment and skills, it might be best to leave it to the hands of professional builders. Whether you’re mounting roofing for Colorbond sheds or for a house, it takes some level of skill and experience to perform the task efficiently.
On the other hand, if you are confident with your skills, just make sure that you install the rood based on acceptable standards. In this way, you can ensure that you mount it the right way and that you wouldn’t risk injuring the people around you, especially in extreme weather conditions. That said, if you have no experience in doing this type of job, it would be best to seek professional help.
How to Install Roofing for Colorbond Sheds
- The first thing you have to do is install the fascias and guttering.
- Make sure you install reflective foil or sarking before moving on to the roofing.
- If you do not like installing sarking, a perfect alternative would be to install insulated ‘blanket’.
- The great thing about Colorbond roofing sheets is that they are lightweight. This means that you can take them to the roof by yourself. However, it takes a good strategy as the task may be a bit cumbersome. So, it is always good to ask for help when installing the sheets.
- When you place the sheets, remember to use chalk to create a marking line. This allows you to easily identify where you should cut the sheets.
- Remember to keep the gutters aligned with the sheets.
- Once you’ve finished installing the roofing system, don’t forget to clean it thoroughly. Small metal fragments are left on the roof, and they might start corroding. So, remember to remove them regularly.
Always remember that you are working at a dangerous height. Needless to say, you have to be very careful in your movements. So, make sure you carefully think about installing your Colorbond roofing on your own. Otherwise, the best option would be to acquire quotes from different professionals.