Getting the prized benefits that accompany permanent employment is one of the most attractive things of working in an organized sector. Hardly can one deny that health insurance is the chief perk. Especially at times of economic uncertainty, health insurance plans coverage becomes all the more crucial. It is both a comfort and an asset to have medical costs defrayed by a generous benefit package, especially in today’s times, when work and family life take up a bulk share of an employee’s attention and finances. The following are some of the reasons why health coverage sponsored by an organization is of immense importance to its employees-
- It lessens absenteeism: it goes without saying that a healthy employee is more productive and present. The overall physical soundness of employees reduces the likelihood of them missing working days. Experts unanimously agree that making the most of preventative health services or treatments help employees stay positively active in the workforce.
- It saves money: companies generally are particular about employees pursuing every benefit offered to them, especially healthcare perks. It is in the best interests of the employees as it maximizes their own savings. Be it a major illness or injury, few people have adequate resources to cope with unforeseen incidents without online health insurance. A good health plan not only gives protection against such a situation, but also promotes healthy living- regular exercise, good nutrition, and preventive medical care. The bottomline is, health insurance coverage can mitigate the potentially catastrophic effects of healthcare costs. It also brings about an improvement in the overall
- quality of life.
- Enhances job satisfaction: by saving more money and not having to shell out from their own pocket for healthcare and related services, employees get a sense of satisfaction from their job. It also gives them a kind of solace that their employers care for them, which in turn, plays a major role in increasing the number of happy employees.
- Employee engagement is enhanced: Needless to say, anything that the employer initiates for enhancing overall employee morale will make the workforce feel more happy and positive about their circumstances and job duties in general. Health benefits are definitely a major part of this. Consequently, employees will be more encouraged to be engaged in other work-related activities.
- It helps employers retain their best employees: as far as negotiating job perks and benefits are concerned, sought-after employees enjoy an upper hand. If an employee is fortunate enough to choose between two potential job offers, a major deciding factor will be such benefits. The greater the health insurance benefits, the more enthused one will feel about working in a particular organization.
- It’s convenient: it can be quite a time-consuming activity to allocate hours in scouring the Web for affordable healthcare packages. By receiving heath insurance through an employer, their burden is alleviated, allowing workers to focus their attention and resources on other things like grocery shopping, car repairs, and tuition payments.
Sets a nice precedent: Healthcare being prioritized at work will encourage workers to give necessary time and effort towards the same in their personal lives as well. This holds all the more true for busy professionals with limited time on account of work and social commitments. However, one should take into consideration the fact that the quality of healthcare coverage can vary, and when weighing the benefits ad limitations of the job options in hand, this is a criterion one cannot overlook. It is also interesting to note that several companies provide additional benefits, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), which provide short-term counseling and other counseling services, which include wellness, tobacco cessation, and weight management groups.