With every passing year, the way yoga is increasing its base across the globe is simply phenomenal. Today, people from all age groups and varied professional backgrounds are coming forward to reap many benefits of yoga. One of the reasons which makes yoga so much fascinating is its philosophy that unites the mind, body, and spirit and further helps you in achieving complete growth. Mainly comprising of poses (called asanas), breath control techniques and meditation, a typical yoga session rejuvenates you instantly. By perfecting this ancient science over a period of time, you can definitely conserve a huge amount of energy inside your body that can be used for living a fruitful life.
Seven health benefits of yoga
In the last few decades, medical studies from renowned institutes are coming forward to cement the fact that yoga practitioners live longer and appear more youthful throughout their life. Besides, the energy factor there are numerous health and wellness benefits of yoga, some of which are listed below:
- Makes Breathing Rhythmic: Breathing is regarded as the most essential element to sustain our life. But, due to lack of knowledge, we breathe in a very non-uniform manner. However, in yoga, the first thing that is corrected is your breathing. In the beginning, you are only required to pay attention to the breathing pattern. But, after a certain time period, you gradually develop the habit of rhythmic breathing that suits the nervous system perfectly.
- Improves Overall Flexibility: As per the rules of yoga, you practice various poses that brings a motion to every part of your body. This process of regular moving and stretching the body actually makes you more flexible. Doing asanas regularly can ensure better and pain-free movement of shoulders, hips, neck, and hamstrings.
- Builds Bodily Strength: While doing yoga poses, you are required to sustain your body weight quite often. This makes your muscles more powerful when it comes to balancing. And, with an increase in the number of yoga postures, you can witness more strength in your body.
- Brings Mental Calmness: Yoga asanas are pretty physical in nature. While doing a set of physical workouts, you end up releasing a lot of sweat and negative energy. Besides, there are a lot of yoga poses that also helps you in lowering down your stress level that eventually converts into a sound sleep in the night. In fact, yoga makes your thought process a bit more coherent and leads you to the path of mental calmness and peace.
- Boosts Memory and Concentration Level: There is no doubt that modern lifestyle has the potential to create severe damage to your mental capabilities. This makes it imperative to keep special care of your cognitive health with the help of this great health science. Yoga asanas keep a cap on your stress level, which makes it smoother for the brain to function to its true potential. By making your thinking system more disciplined, you can enhance your overall focus.
- Keeps Diseases At Bay: Yoga proves a fierce combating weapon if you have the knowledge that some serious physical problem persists in your family. By becoming a regular yoga practitioner, you can create a thick wall of immunity around yourself that can ensure protection from asthma, viral diseases, skin issues, fatigue, and many more. Besides, yoga can also safeguard you from the potential danger of cancer.
- Improves Personality and Self-Confidence: The word Yoga means ‘Union’. When you develop the habit of yoga, you actually try to unify all your positive energy for a better outcome. This starts showing in your personality as gradually your entire thought process becomes more positive. Not just the closest friends, but strangers also start making a good impression about your behavior. This has become possible, due to the many self-development benefits of yoga, which are taught through its numerous poses and meditation techniques. After observing yourself closely, you can realize that yoga actually changes your body language in order to make you confident.
Typically, yoga brings you both- an instant gratification as well as a lasting transformation. However, it depends solely on you how far you can delve into this wonderful science in order to enjoy a state of wellness and happy living.
Author Bio : Manmohan Singh is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and a Traveller in India. He provides Yoga Teacher Training in India. He loves writing and reading books related to yoga, health, nature and the Himalayas.